The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Girlfriend

Well I think I have finally gotten things straightened out with the girlfriend. We spent all weekend together going on hikes, going to a baseball game, and having dinner at a friends house.

Only problem is that I was not able to work at all on any of my projects. This might have been a blessing in disguise though, as I was starting to feel quite burnt out.

After a weekend like that, it makes you wonder if it is worth working 10 - 12 hours at a job and then coming home and working 3 or 4 more hours on a side project that may never amount to anything. I mean from a financial perspective, you really do not need that much money to be happy in life...

That said, although I am certainly financially motivated, I am certainly not doing it for the money alone. I really don't think I have much of a choice regarding the entrepreneurial life style. I want to build something. I want to create something that is valuable, that provides a good living for people, and allows me to put into practice all of my management theories that will hopefully allow me to develop great business people all around me.

I don't think I will ever be able to put those dreams aside. They just may not take the highest priority all the time. I will always return to them though. I have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home