The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Friday, April 08, 2005

My Role

Ok, I think I'm beginning to figure it out. I read somewhere recently that the best thing a group of technical people can do when they start a company is to find a good Product Manager who can keep them from getting too deep into the functionality that is challenging and interesting to develop, but has little commercial value.

I think I would be tremendous at this role. I am extremely customer focused, always looking at a product from the perspective of the end user. I have a tremendous appreciation for simplicity that can accomplish a great deal. I can communicate extremely well with all areas of an organization, including engineers. I can even get dirty and dig into the code. I can also utilize my sales skills in order to help out on that end as well.

That said, I really have no idea how to establish myself as an entrepreneurial project manager. Nor do I know how to find a good technical team to either implement one of my ideas or simply to join up with.

Guess I'll just have to keep pegging away at it and hope that something special happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home