The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ruby on Rails

So for my newest project, Community Walk, I have decided to try out Ruby on Rails, the latest super-hyped web development solution. So far I have been impressed. After starting from scratch a week ago I am already well under way with my application.

Plus the community that exists around is very interested in pushing the envelope with Ajax integration which is going to become my bread and butter. Although I am fully aware that sometimes it is best to not use Ajax, I really think it is the best way to go in most situations. Especially if you provide a mechanism that produces a url for every state the Ajax puts you in. This allows the user to use the back button and link directly into a state of the application.

Anyways I'll let you know when I've got it up and running and ready for some test drives.



P.S.

I know that Ajax is just a catchy way of describing something that has been around for a while, but quite frankly I think this "catchy way of describing Ajax" is actually partly accountable for the latest surge or attention. Providing easy ways for people to describe something can be an extremely effective catalyst for pushing a concept into the mainstream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home