The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Friday, July 01, 2005

The Cost of Entrepreneurship

Absolutely fantastic post and comments here:

http://37signals.com/svn/archives2/entrepreneurs_angels_and_the_cost_of_launch.php

This is exactly how I feel about it. Passion, passion, and more passion. Mix in a little creativity, a good idea, and a lot of time, and you've got the potential to do anything. Careful you don't alienate all of those around you though. It's a tough balancing act. I am having a great deal of trouble with this and Communite Walk right now. Trying to spend time with family, friends and the girlfriend while doing Community Walk and trying to keep my day job is becoming a greated challenge then I ever expected.

The reward is already apparent though as I have been able to learn the Google API, Ruby on Rails and mySql from scratch in just a few months and I already have a fairly significant application fleshed out.

It's very exciting. I can only imagine what would be possible if I could do this full time with a few other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home