I'm Exhausted
I don't know exactly why, but meetings exhaust the hell out of me. I leave them and just feel drained. This is especially true with CommunityWalk. For the longest time now I haven't had a single meeting about CommunityWalk (except for the occasional discussion with my girlfriend or father about it), but now I am starting to get other people involved in the project and I have to deal with significantly more meetings. I have such an attachement to this project that I have to put so much effort and thought into these meetings to ensure that things stay on track. It's absolutely exhausting, and, with almost any meeting, not nearly as productive as it should be. I am going to really need to work on letting go of my tight control over every aspect of CommunityWalk. I always said I would do this when I started a company, but now that I actually am, I find it to be so much more difficult to do.
I feel like I am rambling here and that my thoughts are a bit scrambled due to the exhaustion, so I am going to stop now and hope that I haven't completely embarassed myself with a post that lacks any sense of cohesion.
I feel like I am rambling here and that my thoughts are a bit scrambled due to the exhaustion, so I am going to stop now and hope that I haven't completely embarassed myself with a post that lacks any sense of cohesion.

2 Comments:
Dear Jared,
I am following your blog closely. I understand how you may feel sometimes. Since I am an entrepreneur in the software business I can tell you that you absolutely HAVE to learn how to leave control of some aspects of your future business to others (it is very well described in a book "E-Myth"). This will help you to focus on the core business.
If you don't do that, you will just have too much to deal with.
Hang on and believe in your success, since it's never too far away.
I recommend the book "Think and grow rich". When times are tough and I need to motivate myself I pick a random chapter and read it, it's a really good reading for any entrepreneur..
TC
Jakub
Jakub,
Thanks for the advice. I've heard about both of these books, but haven't gotten around to checking out either. I think I will try do so now. I'm always looking for ways to keep my mood and motivation up - without resorting to drugs that is :).
Post a Comment
<< Home