The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Monday, October 31, 2005

It's Official

I'm going to a part-time schedule at work starting next week so that I can work on CommunityWalk more. I'm a little concerned that this modest effort is not going to be enough to do anything significant. At the same time I'm scared to death that I'm already risking too much. This is what I want, and there are going to be more risks ahead, so I had better get used to it.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I had no idea that starting a company would be so difficult and such an emotional roller coaster ride. Right now I am both excited and extraordinarily nervous at the same time. My stomach is doing flips and I'm just moving to a part time schedule! I'm not sure if all entrepreneurs go through this, but, my hats off to them if they do. It ain't easy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog and CommunityWalk. First off, I think that's a great idea - hope you make something of it. What you are feeling is the excitement of starting and running a company. All entrepreneurs do go through the roller coaster - many thrive on it. I'm going through the same emotions myself right now - quit my job 3 months ago to start something and am also helping several others with their startups. Good luck.

If you are looking to connect with other entrpreneurial spirits in SF, you may want to try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/buildteam. It's a networking group we started a few years ago. Activity has waned over the past year but still about 60 people subscribed and listening on the list that may be interested.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken,

Thanks for pointing this out. I just signed up. I am definitely interested in getting in touch with like minded people, especially in the bay area.

And thanks for the encouragement. I only with I had the finances to quit my job completely right now. Like I said in the post I am definitely worried that two extra days a week will not be enough, but I suppose the anser to this question will become obvious soon enough...

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home