Is This Going To Be Enough
Today was my last day at Noosh as a full-time employee. Next week I will be on the part-time schedule. The initial nervousness of this move has passed and I am feeling quite excited about it now. The one thing that I am worried about is whether or not this move will be enough.
There is still a lot of work to be done on CommunityWalk, and, although two extra days a week will help a lot, I don't know if it is going to be enough to really put some meat behind the product. I've got a couple of people who are interested in the project and are starting to do a little work and there is obviously the fact that Ideacodes (website) is helping out, but I still don't feel confident that it is enough to get everything accomplished fast enough.
A friend of mine recently mentioned the old adage about the man chopping wood and not making any progress. His blade is dull, preventing him from being as efficient as possible, but when someone recommends that he stop to sharpen his blade he refuses, saying how he doesn't have time to sharpen the blade because he needs to cut down the tree.
I'm a little worried that this is me right now. I'm so focused on developing the site, that I wonder if I am missing an opportunity to put some real meat behind CommunityWalk by going out and looking for some investment so that I can quit my job and bring someone on full-time to work with me. My gut says that I am not quite at that point, though, and that the more work I can accomplish on my own the easier it will be to find funding if it ends up being necessary. Still I can't help but think that I could be wrong.
When it comes to decisions like this I have no choice but to trust my gut, so I'm going to continue to develop as much as possible (as you can tell by me being at my computer on a Friday night). I just hope these are all the right moves.
There is still a lot of work to be done on CommunityWalk, and, although two extra days a week will help a lot, I don't know if it is going to be enough to really put some meat behind the product. I've got a couple of people who are interested in the project and are starting to do a little work and there is obviously the fact that Ideacodes (website) is helping out, but I still don't feel confident that it is enough to get everything accomplished fast enough.
A friend of mine recently mentioned the old adage about the man chopping wood and not making any progress. His blade is dull, preventing him from being as efficient as possible, but when someone recommends that he stop to sharpen his blade he refuses, saying how he doesn't have time to sharpen the blade because he needs to cut down the tree.
I'm a little worried that this is me right now. I'm so focused on developing the site, that I wonder if I am missing an opportunity to put some real meat behind CommunityWalk by going out and looking for some investment so that I can quit my job and bring someone on full-time to work with me. My gut says that I am not quite at that point, though, and that the more work I can accomplish on my own the easier it will be to find funding if it ends up being necessary. Still I can't help but think that I could be wrong.
When it comes to decisions like this I have no choice but to trust my gut, so I'm going to continue to develop as much as possible (as you can tell by me being at my computer on a Friday night). I just hope these are all the right moves.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home