Looking Back
It's funny, when I look back on those times in my past when I threw my self into a tough situation and had to fight tooth and nail to get out of it, I look back with pride and am glad I did it, no matter how miserable I was.
Which is not to say that you should constantly be making yourself miserable in order to get further along in life. Sitting back and enjoying yourself is fundamental. I just think I might be happier in the future if I can say that I took some risks, that I was miserable at points, but that at least I tried and didn't let life pass me by, regardless of what I've accomplished in the end. Even if I am successful and rich, I don't think the success and riches are going to be what makes me happy, rather it is going to be what I accomplished, how I did it, and all the interesting people I met along the way (yea I know, it's cheesy).
"That which is hard to endure is sweet to remember"
Which is not to say that you should constantly be making yourself miserable in order to get further along in life. Sitting back and enjoying yourself is fundamental. I just think I might be happier in the future if I can say that I took some risks, that I was miserable at points, but that at least I tried and didn't let life pass me by, regardless of what I've accomplished in the end. Even if I am successful and rich, I don't think the success and riches are going to be what makes me happy, rather it is going to be what I accomplished, how I did it, and all the interesting people I met along the way (yea I know, it's cheesy).
"That which is hard to endure is sweet to remember"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home