The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Shut Up

More and more I find myself realizing how important it is in business to keep your mouth shut and listen. Here are some of the advantages:

1) Hear what your customers are saying. It makes it a lot easier to sell to them when they are telling you what they want (this happens a lot).

2) Hear what your employees are saying. They have great ideas and are going to be much more loyal to your company if you listen to them.

3) Find the best solution. I don't know how many times I've been in an intense debate where a great solution could have been found if I had just shut up and really listened to the other person - of course sometimes the other person would do well to shut up as well :).

4) When you actually do say something it will carry that much more weight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very well said.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home