What Am I Interested In?
I think my entrepreneurial interests are rooted in using technology to help people organize their lives and get more out of the limited time they have. Generally speaking this can have the side effect of introducing too much information into someone's life, so I am interested in that problem as well.
Generally I look for simple solutions. Something that can fill a need in a very simple manner. These are the projects that attract me. A couple of the projects that I am working on (are in various states of completion) are:
1) ELF Management System - An Outlook Add-in that introduces the idea of hierarchical label folders that allow you to put a message into as many folders as you like without copying the message. It also creates a structure where a parent folder automatically contains all of the messages from all of its child folders. I'm close to giving up on this one for the time being because I find it tremendously frustrating to integrate seamlessly with Outlook. I'm sure it can be done, but the frustration level is extremely high for this project right now.
2) Quick Navigation System for Outlook - Lets you type in a couple of letters to find a folder and move messages to that folder, copy messages to that folder, or navigate to that folder. Sort of like the auto-populate functionality you'll see on GMail or other email address auto-populaters, but used for organizing emails.
3) BlogBridge (www.blogbridge.com) - An open source RSS aggregator that I am contributing to. So far I've been contributing more ideas than code to this project. I've got a ton of ideas about the future of RSS and how to make the simplest user interface for handling RSS feeds. Unfortunately not a whole lot of time (see The Girlfriend, Low Point) to code...
I've also got a couple other ideas that have have yet to see the light of the development day. Hopefully sometime I will get around to exploring these other ideas as well. Right now I am spread pretty thin.
Generally I look for simple solutions. Something that can fill a need in a very simple manner. These are the projects that attract me. A couple of the projects that I am working on (are in various states of completion) are:
1) ELF Management System - An Outlook Add-in that introduces the idea of hierarchical label folders that allow you to put a message into as many folders as you like without copying the message. It also creates a structure where a parent folder automatically contains all of the messages from all of its child folders. I'm close to giving up on this one for the time being because I find it tremendously frustrating to integrate seamlessly with Outlook. I'm sure it can be done, but the frustration level is extremely high for this project right now.
2) Quick Navigation System for Outlook - Lets you type in a couple of letters to find a folder and move messages to that folder, copy messages to that folder, or navigate to that folder. Sort of like the auto-populate functionality you'll see on GMail or other email address auto-populaters, but used for organizing emails.
3) BlogBridge (www.blogbridge.com) - An open source RSS aggregator that I am contributing to. So far I've been contributing more ideas than code to this project. I've got a ton of ideas about the future of RSS and how to make the simplest user interface for handling RSS feeds. Unfortunately not a whole lot of time (see The Girlfriend, Low Point) to code...
I've also got a couple other ideas that have have yet to see the light of the development day. Hopefully sometime I will get around to exploring these other ideas as well. Right now I am spread pretty thin.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home