The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Wow, This Blog Might Actually Be Accomplishing Something

I still frequently think about whether or not this blog will ultimately amount to anything significant. When I first started writing it, I was very doubtful that it would ever become anything significant. I just wanted to see how my ideas and experiences would pan out and thought that it might be an interesting read a couple of years down the road. For a while (and really even today) it didn't seem like many people were reading it, making it easy to question whether or not it was really worth my time.

Already, though, I am beginning to feel like this blog and CommunityWalk are beginning to enjoy a moderate amount of success, with a lot of potential underneath. It seems like both projects are already reaching a point where, even if they were to ultimately fail in some way, they would leave a lasting mark.

In the past few days I've had a couple of things happen that have been very encouraging in this regard. First of all I just read through my past writings and realized how much I appreciated having a record of the past few months. I have a terrible memory so being able to read these journal entries and associate them with a specific date is awfully handy.

Also in the past few week I have started to recieve more comments on the blog. Obviously this shows that people are actually reading my blog, but, even more satisfying, is the fact that the people leaving the comments are also entrepreneurs who are leaving me messages of encouragement and advice and I can always use advice.

Then, just the other day, I received an email from Mel Bass who wrote:


Jared, my name is Mel Bass. I've just discovered both communitywalk and your blog.

In this entry (http://entreprexplorer.blogspot.com/2005/04/it-might-be-lonely-journey.html)

You say ... Is this pointless if no one reads it? I hope not, but it may ultimately become obvious that this whole idea was largely a waste of time.

That was written in April, yet here I am in November going through page after page thinking "Wow, we think a lot alike and we're facing a lot of the same issues".

There's a lot I want to say, but that will have to wait until this weekend ... right now I should get back to work.

But no - all of that writing wasn't a waste of time.

- Mel


I've just got to say that it's pretty cool to know that you can reach like minded people and really connect to them by just writing down your thoughts. I mean that was exactly what I was hoping for when I began writing this blog. I just didn't really expect it to ever work, or at least not so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home