Fair Market Price
So Justin French, whom I am assuming has some intimate involvement with the StrongSpace, wrote a follow-up to my article, Mark My Words Again (http://entreprexplorer.blogspot.com/2005/08/mark-my-words-again.html), which was inspired by some screenshots of StrongSpace.
In his follow-up (http://justinfrench.com/index.php?id=127) he notes:
I think this is a better way of describing this philosophy. In my original post I had noted that "design, transparency, and good customer service are significant enough to justify higher prices". I would agree with Justin that it is really only justification for a fair price.
If you are a good businessman (and a good person), as it seems Justin is, then you should always maintain a competitive and fair price. You should use the tenets described above to differentiate your product rather than charging a higher price because of them, making people pay more for quality and honesty then they should have to because the alternatives suck. You'll capture more of the market and you'll earn the respect and loyalty of your customers.
So really I completely agree with Justin's comments. I should have used the term "fair price" in the first place. Thanks for pointing this out Justin and good luck with StrongSpace.
In his follow-up (http://justinfrench.com/index.php?id=127) he notes:
But I'd like to take that one step further. We don't believe we can charge a higher price for transparency, honesty and freedom - in fact, we feel it's the only way we can charge a fair price.
I think this is a better way of describing this philosophy. In my original post I had noted that "design, transparency, and good customer service are significant enough to justify higher prices". I would agree with Justin that it is really only justification for a fair price.
If you are a good businessman (and a good person), as it seems Justin is, then you should always maintain a competitive and fair price. You should use the tenets described above to differentiate your product rather than charging a higher price because of them, making people pay more for quality and honesty then they should have to because the alternatives suck. You'll capture more of the market and you'll earn the respect and loyalty of your customers.
So really I completely agree with Justin's comments. I should have used the term "fair price" in the first place. Thanks for pointing this out Justin and good luck with StrongSpace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home