I Admit It, I'm Scared
CommunityWalk is on the verge of going live in its beta version. I really believe that it could be a success, that it could really be a valuable tool for any number of people. As exciting as it is to think that it could be success, I am actually more scared than excited.
I'm not 100% sure why I feel scared. Maybe it is the fear of rejection. Maybe it is the fear of screwing up and being held responsible.
But maybe it is actually the fear of community walk being successful. Maybe it is the fear of CommunityWalk becoming too successful too quickly and not being able to handle the demand. As much as I hope that it will be successful rather than a failure, I just hope that I am prepared for the ramifications of success. I feel like once it gets rolling it may have more control over me than I over it. Will I ever be able to take a vacation without worrying about it? Will I ever know that feeling of having absolutely nothing to do?
Obviously I prefer success over failure, but I can't say I'm not a little scared of the possible ramifications of success.
I'm not 100% sure why I feel scared. Maybe it is the fear of rejection. Maybe it is the fear of screwing up and being held responsible.
But maybe it is actually the fear of community walk being successful. Maybe it is the fear of CommunityWalk becoming too successful too quickly and not being able to handle the demand. As much as I hope that it will be successful rather than a failure, I just hope that I am prepared for the ramifications of success. I feel like once it gets rolling it may have more control over me than I over it. Will I ever be able to take a vacation without worrying about it? Will I ever know that feeling of having absolutely nothing to do?
Obviously I prefer success over failure, but I can't say I'm not a little scared of the possible ramifications of success.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home