The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It can certainly get lonely at times

As much as I have enjoyed developing CommunityWalk, demoing it to people and getting their feedback. I have to admit I get hit with pangs of loneliness on occassion. It is probably the one downside of the experience. I can't say I regret doing CommunityWalk alone, as it has given me full creative control over it (and there really wasn't anyone that I knew about to work with), but I am thinking that I am going to try very hard to put together a team of three people for my next project.

It's frustrating, and again lonely, when you accomplish something and noone really understands what you've done. With something like CommunityWalk it is particularly frustrating. So much of my time has gone into making it as simple and obvious as possible. I've actually spent some time removing features that I thought distracted from the main purpose. So in the end I think the product seems simpler, and therefore less significant in some ways, then it might be had I not taken this effort.

In any case the experience remains very rewarding. I just think next time it will be a good idea for me to spend some time looking for a good team of people. I really think the satisfaction of this experience would have been enhanced dramatically had I shared it with others. Live and learn I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home