The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Doubts

As happy as I am with the CommunityWalk site right now, I can't help but have doubts about it. Is it really going to add value to people's lives? Is anyone going to really use it or is it missing some essential ingredient that I am overlooking? It is tough to keep the doubts from bringing down my enthusiasm for the project. Maybe I should be spending my time on something else...

At the very least I know that if it fails I will have learned alot. Most importantly I've learned about developing a web application from the ground up, which will come in handy in all of my future endeavors.

I do not think it will fail though. I just need to get it into the hands of the right people. CommunityWalk needs to find its community, its passionate users that will demand I do more and will make the site that much more useful for all the casual users out there. I just need to find that community...

I'm hoping that the old Field of Dreams adage, "If you build it, they will come" holds true. I might just need to revise it to be "If you build, and show it to lots of people, then a few people will start to use it and spread the word, and eventually the rest will come as well". Not quite as catchy, but probably a bit more realistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home