First Vacation
Well I just got back from my first vacation since starting CommunityWalk and it was certainly a learning experience. I had hoped that I would be able to take a needed break from CommunityWalk and enjoy my time there, not worrying about it. When I left it was in a stable state that I felt would remain stable while I was gone. Although it did remain stable (despite the attention that a community Kathryn Cramer put together to help with the aftermath of the earthquakes in and around Pakistan drew), I was not able to remain comfortable in the assumption that it would. It ended up being a fairly anxious experience and I had to check on the site at least twice a day. I probably would have done so more if it had been more convenient.
Despite the anxiety I was able to get a break from it on occasion. This did not lead to peaceful relaxation as I had hoped, though, but rather to a state of idea generation. The new environment really stimulated all of my ideas and I found myself writing in my notebook far more often than I usually do. Obviously this is not a bad thing, but it does concern me a bit.
Will I ever be able to separate myself from CommunityWalk?
Will I ever be able to take a vacation like I used to, without a thought of the real world creeping into my head?
I don't really know the answers to these questions. I guess it is just the curse of the entrepreneur. This is who I am though, so there is no escaping it. And, like I said, it is not all that bad.
Despite the anxiety I was able to get a break from it on occasion. This did not lead to peaceful relaxation as I had hoped, though, but rather to a state of idea generation. The new environment really stimulated all of my ideas and I found myself writing in my notebook far more often than I usually do. Obviously this is not a bad thing, but it does concern me a bit.
Will I ever be able to separate myself from CommunityWalk?
Will I ever be able to take a vacation like I used to, without a thought of the real world creeping into my head?
I don't really know the answers to these questions. I guess it is just the curse of the entrepreneur. This is who I am though, so there is no escaping it. And, like I said, it is not all that bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home