The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Process + Passion

I read a quote from Tom Peters that went something like this: "Process + Passion = Excellence".

This may be one of the most fundamental quotes I've ever read and I agree with it completely. Processes and rules are what allow passion to explode from within. Without structure passion has no direction and becomes meaningless. Given structure, a set or rules and processes that must either be followed or disobeyed, though, and all of a sudden passion has a framework to follow or fight, allowing the real magic to happen.

Ideally passion is guided by a good framework that challenges the passion while giving it the necessary support to make a difference. This causes the passion to explode onto the scene like water through a fire hose that is partially covered by your thumb.

The most interesting part, though, is that the magic may derive from breaking the rules and processes as if passion were a river blocked by a dam. All it takes is small hole in that dam through which the passion can break free from it's confinements. Not only will the passion explode with incredible force, it will completely destroy the dam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home