The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Back On Track

Over the past few weeks I've been battling burn-out, trying my best to stay motivated on CommunityWalk. It's been pretty tough and very stressful. Luckily I realized that I was heading down this road about a month ago and started looking for help with the project. About a week ago I finally started getting some help and it's really started to make a difference. I've had to go through a few tough days of people tearing my code apart and criticizing it, but I think the effort is going to result in a much better code base that can grow along with all of my ambitions for this project.'

I'd love to give some credit to those helping me, but the help is related to a very interesting situation that I am not sure I can speak about right now. It's not as significant as you might think, just one of those things that I am not certain I should go into detail about. I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't write about anything that I wasn't certain I could write about. Sorry.

Now that I have some help on the project I also feel more comfortable taking some time off from it. Last week I worked a good solid day every day, from about 7 in the morning until 7 at night with an hour for lunch and then took the rest of the night off. I've even had time to start reading and picked up Jack Welch's book, "Winning". It was really just the first book in my huge stack of "to-reads", but it has also really helped rejuvenate me. I never really thought a book could do that, but it's reminded me of what is important to me in the long run from a business standpoint like truly growing a business. This is just the beginning. I've got a long road ahead and I can't be pushing my self as hard as I was. It's a marthon not a sprint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home