The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Satisfying Christmas

I'm at home now on the East Coast, enjoying some time with my family. The last month or so has been extremely intense as the team and I have been working non-stop to get the redesign of the frontpage ready for primetime, so it's nice to sit back and relax for a little bit before hitting the grindstone hard again. It's been tough not releasing stuff on a regular basis and watching the site languish a bit, but I really think the new stuff is going to take CommunityWalk to the next level.

With my newly found spare time I decided to take a little time and surf around the internet to see what people were saying about CommunityWalk. I was fortunate enough to stumble across this site:

HowTo: Create A Map of Your Favorite Places Using CommunityWalk

The article, written by Tad, one of the many power users of CommunityWalk, details some of the basic steps in creating a customized map with photos and customized categories.

Seeing stuff like this where people are truly finding my work to be useful, so much so that they want to share it with others, remains the most rewarding part of doing this work. Despite wrestling with burnout and facing new competitors, this experience remains incredibly rewarding if for no other reason than this. Of course I hope that CommunityWalk is financially successful, but I truly believe that if you focus on creating a great product, make it accessible to people, and let people know about it, eventually the financial success will follow. Hopefully this theory will prove correct.

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the ping! I just now noticed a referral from here. I'm glad you liked the community walk article. :D

1:42 PM  
Blogger The Entreprexplorer said...

Tad,

My pleasure. Thanks for the instructive article on CommunityWalk!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home