Simplicity out of Necessity
There's a lot of talk these days about simplicity. I've always been a huge fan, less so for the complex reasons that most people quote, though. For me it is really for two reasons:
1) I have a terrible memory. The more complex something is, the harder it is to remember what the beginning looked like by the time I get to the end.
2) I have an ulcer. Complexity stresses me out and I feel it in my stomach right away.
Interestingly enough the ulcer keeps me both honest and simple. I get stressed out by being dishonest as well. Interesting that such a terrible thing (it's been the most painful thing in my life, occassionally completely debilitating my everyday life), has such positive ramifications...
1) I have a terrible memory. The more complex something is, the harder it is to remember what the beginning looked like by the time I get to the end.
2) I have an ulcer. Complexity stresses me out and I feel it in my stomach right away.
Interestingly enough the ulcer keeps me both honest and simple. I get stressed out by being dishonest as well. Interesting that such a terrible thing (it's been the most painful thing in my life, occassionally completely debilitating my everyday life), has such positive ramifications...

1 Comments:
anyway I'm sad for your ulcer ...
Post a Comment
<< Home