The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Friday, April 22, 2005

A long, strange journey - The Beginning

Ok, so years ago (probably around age 5) I decided I was going to start my own company. I gave it a heart-felt, but, in retrospect, half-assed attempt in college, which amounted to little more then a significantly lighter wallet.

On of the things I learned from that experience was that you can't start a software company without technical experience. Yea I know, real brilliant insight. In any case my solution was to become a technical expert. So, I started to take CS courses, and proved quite successful at them. Unfortunately I was only able to take 2 during my college career and I took them at my school which did not even offer a CS focus, yet alone a major. So I was off to a roaring start.

With that extensive experience I decided to try my hand at Silicon Valley... during the middle of the bust. Sometimes my intelligence even astounds me.

In any case after 3 months of brutally-lonely job searching with no leads what-so-ever, I finally landed a two week contract at a software company whose engineering team was led by an alumnus of my school that I had met with for lunch two months earlier. During that lunch I had mentioned that I was working on a Excel consulting project on the side to try to make ends meet. He had some Excel work that needed to be done and I was the man to do it. I finally had my first job.

This is getting long and I really need to get some work done, so more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home