The Entreprexplorer's Journal

A journal of one (currently young) man's journey into entrepreneurism. Including entrepreneurial thoughts, ideas, tribulations, experiences, etc. See where it goes...


  Subscribe to this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I am an entrepreneur based in San Francisco, CA. My current entrepenurial project is CommunityWalk.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I Just Quit My Job

I've finally done it. I gave notice. My last day at Noosh will be next Wednesday.

I've been at Noosh for the last 3 years or so. If Noosh had not taken a chance on a eager employee with absolutely no software experience I would probably be back in Boston right now working at some random profession. I owe Noosh a lot just for that fact, but, in addition to taking that chance, Noosh also taught me a great deal. I simply would not be the same person had they not taken a risk on me.

Behind any good company is a group of great and talented people, and Noosh was no exception. I am really going to miss many of the people I met there. If there was a way for me to continue to work with them while following this dream I would.

So I'm off. I'm going to try and make CommunityWalk happen through a lot of sweat and creativity. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, seems like a good decision to me! Good luck to you!
BTW, I read CNET news regularly and saw a piece on Web 2.0, including one paragraph on communitywalk! That's great I think!
Sincerely
Jakub, Link2Security

P.S. Because I am an entrepreneur as well and would like to know, how many hours do you dedicate daily to your business?

7:20 AM  
Blogger The Entreprexplorer said...

Jakub,

Thanks for the congrats on the article. I mentioned it on the CommunityWalk blog but never mentioned it here.

With regard to hours, that's a very good question. In fact I think I am going to write a post detailing my experience with hours and burnout. I should be able to post it later today.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ken Dyck said...

Good luck, Jared.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home